ITILv4 Foundations Certification Course, Exam and Textbook: IT Professional
$700.00 / unit
The ITIL 4 Foundation course provides IT professionals with a practical understanding of key concepts, common language, principles, and practices that enable the successful management of modern IT-enabled services. It also prepares candidates for the ITILv4 Foundation Certificate Examination. This is a 2-day course with an online-proctored certification exam to be scheduled after the completion of the course. You must pass the exam to gain your ITILv4 Foundations certification. Lunch will be provided.
- IT Service Management definitions; Service, Utility, Warranty, Customer, User, Service management, Sponsor
- Key concepts of value creation
- Key concepts of service relationships; service offering; service provision; service consumption; service relationship management
- The nature, use, and interaction of 7 ITIL guiding principles; Focus on value; Start where you are; Progress iteratively with feedback; Collaborate and promote visibility; Think and work holistically; Keep it simple and practical; Optimize and automate
- The 4 dimensions of service management; Organizations and people; Information and technology; Partners and suppliers; Value streams and processes
- The ITIL service value system
- The service value chain, its inputs and outputs, and its role in supporting value streams
- Service value chain elements; Plan, Improve, Engage, Design & transition, Obtain / Build, Deliver & support
- Detail of how the following ITIL practices support the service value chain:
- Continual Improvement (including continual improvement model)
- Change control
- Incident management
- Problem Management
- Service request management
- Service desk
- Service level management
- The purpose of the following ITIL practices
- Information security management
- Relationship management
- Supplier management
- Availability management
- Capacity and performance management
- Service configuration management
- IT asset management
- Business analysis
- Service continuity management
- Deployment management
- Monitoring and event management
- Release management
This item includes the two-day onsite training, lunch both days, and a single voucher to register for the ITILv4 Foundations Certification Exam with PeopleCert, the company that administers ITIL exams. You can optionally purchase a retest if you fail the exam the first time. The item also includes a digital copy of the ITILv4 Foundations textbook.
WHO'S IT FOR?
This item is only available to current IT Professionals who are employed within the Texas A&M University System.
Upon purchasing this item, you should receive an email confirmation from PeopleCert within one week. This email will detail instructions for registering for the exam and accessing the course e-textbook.
An option to purchase a retest can be added for an additional cost. Purchase of the retest option is highly recommended. Approximately 15% of candidates fail the exam on the first attempt. Purchasing a retest after a failure has been recorded is much more expensive.