Ranch Management University (March 27-31, 2023)
$625.00 / unit
March 27, 2023 || 12:30 PM - 6:00 PM
March 28, 2023 || 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
March 29, 2023 || 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
March 30, 2023 || 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
March 31, 2023 || 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Where: G. Rollie White Visitor Center
7707 Raymond Stotzer Pkwy.
College Station, TX. 77843
The Ranch Management University is an intensive 5-day event that targets new or inexperienced ranchers and landowners. It is produced and taught by Texas A&M University and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Faculty.
- The fundamentals of soils and soil fertility, forage establishment, pasture management, and utilization by livestock
- Sampling soils and determining appropriate fertilizer application rates
- Basic livestock selection and management practices such as castrating, vaccinating, and de-horning calves
- Grazing management, stocking rate, and body condition scoring
- Developing a business and marketing plan and how to maintain appropriate records for your ranching operation
- Wildlife management topics such as managing white-tailed deer, turkey, quail, beekeeping, and feral hogs.
*Breakfast starts at 7:15 AM, March 28-31.
- Registration Fee - $625.00
- Extension Personnel - $325.00
- Military - $325.00