Urban Riparian and Stream Restoration Training - San Marcos
July 27, 2022
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
RSVP by July 20, 2022
San Marcos Activity Center
501 E Hopkins St
San Marcos, TX 78666
Information including the hydrologic cycle, basics to stream morphology, stream classification, stream instability, stream restoration, stabilization structure, vegetation, and monitoring and evaluation will be explained through classroom-style teaching in the morning session, and hands-on activities in the field at a nearby stream in the afternoon sessions. Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the training.
Registration is limited to the first 40 people due to space limitations. Participants are encouraged to wear masks inside the meeting facility. Cost is $50 and includes all training materials, a catered lunch, and a certificate of completion at the end of the course. Registration is required by July 20, 2022. Lunch will be provided but participants may bring their own. Dress is casual and comfortable; hip boots/waders are recommended for the hands-on field assessment, as we will be in the river in the afternoon.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) available:
- Texas Nutrient Management Planning Specialists – 6 hours
- Texas Floodplain Management Association – 6 CEUs
- Certified Crop Advisor –- 7 CEUs (Nutrient Mgmt.: 1, Soil & Water: 2.5, IPM: 1, Sustainability: 2.5)
- Texas Board of Architectural Examiners “Acceptable for HSW credit”
- The program may also be used for CEUs for Professional Engineers.
- Check with your Chapter for Master Naturalist and Master Gardener to see if it is approved for your area.